Time zone




You tell me
my laugh sounds cute,
but no one
has ever said that before.
Did I tell you that
when you laugh
on the other side of the phone
I imagine a strand of your hair,
your disheveled hair
and I can almost see it falling
over your eyes
and I fall even harder
every time.


Forgive me
I was too busy listening to
the sound that your fingertips made,
running around the edge of the bed-sheet.
So I could not listen
what you were telling me
about EDM.


I swear even the time zones
would collapse
down on their knees,
if they could hear
the way you sound
when you say, 'please'.
And I know
even all these miles
that separate us
shy away
whenever you blow me kisses.


The moon knows all about us
it saw me crying over us
every night, last year.
And yesterday
when we hung up
after you told me
how much you loved me
and how much you always will
I swear I saw it wink at me
and I couldn't resist blushing.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pulwama

what is love?